Anyone upgrade to the Merason Dac1 mkii?

I was wondering if any Merason Dac1 owners have upgraded to the Mkii version? 

If so, I’d love to hear your impressions. How would you describe the audible differences? Would you recommend doing it? Was it an improvement or simply “different?” 

128x128bluethinker

I have the La Scala in my system now for an audition and it's an absolutely spectacular DAC. I have an MSB discrete for 4 years and this is better by a good margin...I've also heard the Merason (not in my system) and I don't think it compares to the La Scala, different flavors and to me I pick the La Scala all day over the DAC1. 

Dynamics and voices, musicality and the overall tone is dead on to the real thing. 

@ricco275 

It's not really a fair comparison until you get a decent dedicated streamer.  The renderer module from MSB is quite good for the price tag.

You would probably need a streamer the quality level of the Innuos Pulse, Aurender N200, etc. to make a fair comparison.

The streamers make a big difference.  We carry MSB, so I'm familiar with their renderer module, but I have never compared the DAC1 to the Discrete DAC.  I have vs the Premier DAC and the DAC1 holds it ground vs the Premier DAC, but the Premier DAC is better in every facet of comparison.

I have added a passive preamp to the chain and it was a metamorphosis. I like very much the DAC1 now. And the MSB discrete sounds over detailed and too brilliant, fatiguing to me. The magic of changing pieces in the chain. 
I just wonder if I actually own the DAC1 mk1 or mk2. The dealer swears to have sold me a mk1, however it has the full aluminium look vs the glossy faceplate and metal chassis of what I have always seen. 

@ricco275  Maybe you can call or email Merason with the serial number to get the ID sorted out

@facten yes that’s what I intend to do. Maybe it’s an mk1 and they were already releasing new chassis.