Anyone try Townshend Super Tweeters?

I have a speaker using modded titanium tweeters,going flat to 25 khz.Very good air and detail.However I did hear the Townshends once,used above a silk dome(the main speaker was a Sonus Faber Extrema),with incredible results.Truthfully,to me,the best high freq transducers seem to "still" be ribbons.I'm contemplating giving the Townshends a try.

Any thoughts?
sirspeedy70680e509

Showing 4 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

Chris,though the Elacs look great,I want to keep my speaker acting like it was originally designed.A point source.I contacted Townshend,and hope to hear from them soon.My concern is,that since my speakers are so clean,up to 25 khz,will the Townshends really do much?

Best!
I must admit that due to extensive research,the Muratas look to be more to my needs!Time will tell,as I'm going to take the plunge,for one of them,at least.Thanks for all feedback,guys!
So,Gregm--Based on my set-up,in a dedicated room,with some acoustical damping(only to cut out any glare,and the room does have a wonderful,natural sound),do you think my idea is overkill.I,personally have NO problems with my current high freq presentation,but thought that if I added a super tweeter,it would level the playing field,with the "berylium/diamond dome" crowd.If there really is an audible advantage,to them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!