Anyone try Townshend Super Tweeters?

I have a speaker using modded titanium tweeters,going flat to 25 khz.Very good air and detail.However I did hear the Townshends once,used above a silk dome(the main speaker was a Sonus Faber Extrema),with incredible results.Truthfully,to me,the best high freq transducers seem to "still" be ribbons.I'm contemplating giving the Townshends a try.

Any thoughts?
sirspeedy70680e509

Showing 2 responses by sirspeedy706802461

I haven't gotten to the purchase point yet,so don't know where to get them.I would assume the website has the info.They do seem to be of real quality,as is much of the "Extreme Japanese Stuff"!I'm really leaning towards them,big time!

Best!
I hope some of you guys can elaborate on the following.I originally heard the Townshends on a speaker who's high end stopped at 17khz.They were th Sonus Faber Extremas,and were a fabulous match.The Sonus really benefited by the addition.STUNNING highs,and a great speaker overall.

Well,in truthfulness my own speaker is ruler flat(plus/or minus 1.5 db)to 25khz.It has superb air,yet there is a trend in the industry to go to tweets that seem to go into the "only bats can hear it" domain.I am sceptical of anything we cannot quantify,with our own ears,but still feel that,rather than consider the "buy and sell syndrome",it's smarter(and cheaper)to use technology(like a good sub,or ribbon supertweet)to my advantage,since I have come to really love my current speakers.Thus, the possibility of an add on tweeter,to compliment my current,excellent,Titanium dome.I don't rule out if this is overkill,but will weigh a final decision.Thanks.

Best!