Anyone Try a Mutech Hayabusa MC Cartridge with a Channel D Lino C Phono Stage

Has anyone tried the above combination and what do you think of the sonic presentation?

eaneverson

@audition__audio thanks for your input

@mijostyn that is for the minimum setting setting see note from Rob below for 1 ohm cartridge.

For a cartridge with a 1-ohm internal impedance, the gain with the Lino C set to its maximum setting is 85dB. So, by using the gain adjustment switches, 85, 79, and 73dB settings are available. If the cartridge has an internal impedance lower than 1 ohm, the gain will be greater. This dovetails with lower-impedance cartridges having lower output voltages, and needing higher gain.

@eaneverson The gain depends on the cartridges impedance and output voltage.

I have a Seta L Plus with a similar gain structure as your Lino C and the MSL cartridges sound great. The Ultra Eminent EX has the best signal to noise ratio of them all. The system is dead quiet set at a volume of 95 dB, even with your ear right up against the speaker. Because of the battery power supply these phono stages are almost impossible to overload. The single layer Lyra cartridges are also excellent, but you will hear a slight hiss at high volumes. 

Have you tried using computer RIAA correction? Rob's Pure Vinyl program is a lot of fun. You can raid your friends record collections.

@mijostyn comments noted, I will reach out to Rob again and ask. 

Have only used the passive RIAA and will have to to experiment once I get playback sorted.

@eaneverson I have a Lino C 2.2, but not the Hayabusa. My present MC cartridge is Audio Tekne MC 6310, 2 ohms and 0.1 mv output. The gain is set @ +12db, the highest setting, due to the low output. For other MC’s with 2 - 6 ohms and output @ 0.3-0.5 mv, e.g. ZYX Ultimate Omega or Transfiguration Proteus, typically  the lowest gain setting is perfect. The highest gain on the Lino is meant to very low output MCs, 0.1mv or below.