Anyone successful in dealing with Tinnitus?

I have been experiencing ringing in my ears and think I may have it. Any recommendations?
underdog
Hi Slaw, a day in the life of a blob would be sitting in a chair, then sitting at a desk, then sitting in the car, then sitting at the dinner table, then sitting in front of the TV, then going to bed.

As the risk of showing how little I know:

Equalization of pressure in the ear may have an influence on hearing problems. Musicians can open and close their Eustachian tubes at will.

Lymphatic drainage is also related to motion in the spinal column and can be related to the ears.

I know people who are fairly active but still have no motion in their sacrum. When they lie on their back with their knees bent and calves on a chair, they get dizzy in a minute as their spine is so locked up.

The point is, M.D.'s are overlooking a LOT of potential causes.
I feel like I'm unique in that I am experiecing Hyperacusis in addition to Tinnitus. I can only imagine what our "troops" must be going through. You never hear of this problem, but I'm sure it's quite predominate in the military.
Be careful Slaw - I have both also, and made the mistake of over compensating, and using earplugs too often. It made my hearing even more hyper.

I went back to gradual, regular exposures to the 'real world' unless I knew they were excessive and the hyperacusis has diminished.
sounds as though we all have plenty of company here...
I do use the soft earplugs often at work whenever in noisy locations, and that really helps. The ringing always worsens whenever exposure to loud, or even medium-loud noises or music occurs. Excess exposure to loud music, gunfire, and the continual din of cooling fans while working in computer rooms have all contributed.

I too am curious about the quietus homeopathic; anyone stating that these are all worthless has obviously never tried Rescue Remedy (which BTW is not for tinnitus). I looked over the quiet relief website but the "click to order a trial discount special" hyperlink failed. I never did call the phone # listed; just seems suspicious or something. I really have to wonder if a ridiculous pricing structure might be a turn-off?