Anyone notice different amounts of surface noise with different arms?

Using the same cartridge, I just went from an SME 3012R to a Bokrand AB309 and while the Bokrand is no doubt a better sounding arm in my system, I’m definitely hearing more surface noise. Records are cleaned with a Degritter so it’s not dirt... but the arm picks up more of the noise from my older records.

dhcod

mijostyn

It seem you do not understand ... You have obviously no experience with the power of digital signal processing and don't say you do because I know for a fact you do not ... I have the most accurate. lifelike bass you have ever heard. Nobody has subwoofers like mine. If you think your system is great, I can make it greater and I mean so much greater blinding would be unnecessary.

@richardbrand Yes, you can see it on my system page.

@rauliruegas, @dhcod ​​@cleeds  I just finished up on gammaman's system. Perhaps he will comment.

@mijostyn Just gibberish. You have ears. I have ears. They are just different ears. For me, you can measure to your head spins but I listen to the best digital and I love it for about 20 minutes but then my ears hurt and I can't go on and then I listen to analog and I want to listen all night, the answer is easy. This isn't just me. I have a whole group of friends with great systems that all were able to pinpoint digital fatigue, some earlier than the other. Again, just a group of people that have a preference. Other people have the opposite preference. No absolutes. Stop with the abosolutes.

@mijostyn : You are sin of absolutism that has no sense to almost other gentlemans but you and in this regards I agree with @dhcod .

Come on, of course that the subs/EL are analog but proccessing a developed digital signal .

Mike, you can’t win all the " battles ", specially in a way subjective audio world where does not exist an equilibrium on subjectivity and objectivity.. You know that normally I’m with you in several objective issues but not in this one and no I have nothing in my system as your digital whole proccessor .

R.

@lewm The Channel D phono stages have extremely accurate RIAA circuits. Digital RIAA correction has less distortion. But good phono stages already have very low distortion. The difference is not significant. Next is the fact that going back and forth between analog and 24/192 is invisible. I have run this experiment with a number of audiophiles and none of them has been able to reliably identify either digital or analog.

@dhcod @rauliruegas I am not trying to win a battle. Raul, how a system should perform is entirely objective. The little tweaks for personal preference are the subjective part.  I am trying to highlight a way to drastically improve the performance of audio systems. I could care less if you want to minimize my arguments. @dhcod Virtually all records made today are made from digital masters with just a few exceptions. If all records give you a headache that is really tragic. I suspect this is just another example of confirmation bias. How you interpret what you are hearing is based on the experience you have had with live music and a variety of systems. How many have you put together? Do you even measure your own system? Have any idea what it is doing? If you have experience ears can be very useful, but you need a reference to be able to interpret what you are hearing. 

I'm hoping that gammaman will share his experience.