Anyone listen to entire albums?

I assume the answer is yes since many of you run vinyl rigs, but just wondering how many around here listen to entire albums at a sitting?  In the age of instant gratification and playlists I seem to be, recently, gravitating to listening through entire albums.  I don’t have vinyl and only stream or play from a network drive so it’s easy for me to bounce around from song to song, artist to artist.  Maybe it’s a nostalgia thing but I enjoy hearing a record in it’s entirely the way the artist recorded it.  I’ve flirted with the idea of vinyl for the very reason that it seems to be a format that lends itself to listening through an entire album in one sitting.  I seem to be less inclined to make that move though now that I’ve been doing the album thing via streaming. 

128x128jastralfu

I grew up listening to vinyl so I still listen to albums in their entirety even though I dumped my vinyl decades ago in favor of CDs. The only exception is when I’m streaming in the car or at the gym. 

When my vinyl rig was working, I generally listened to albums straight through. Now that I'm forced to listen to CD's, I have to admit I skip around if I don't care for particular tracks.

@grislybutter we were not well off when I grew up either.  I do remember listening to my parents collection of Billy Joel albums though when I was all of maybe 10.  I think they had maybe five or six albums and that was it.  That and The Beach Boys Endless Summer.  I loved those records. Can’t recall, but I believe I listened to those all the way through at the time.

Yup. I’m old school. I find it much easier to do while playing a LP. The 20 minute interval keeps me engaged. I can get lost and bored while listening to a CD or digital file. 

@jastralfu As strange as it may sound, I have explored more artists and their work with vinyl than I would have with streaming. I only stop listening to an album if it makes the cat bolt through the closed window. I discover so many "B sides", it's really cool.