Anyone heard the Zu Cable "Druids"....

6-Moons just did a nice review but, I am struggling trying to understand how well a 10" driver can perform covering the frequency range to 12Khz. And, no mention of beaming which is a surprise. The individual doing the Soundstage review a couple years ago wasn't quite as estatic about these speakers but, there have been some revisions since that particular review. It is an interesting speaker and the 60 day trial period offered is commendable. Has anyone heard this speaker?
nealhood

Showing 1 response by pjl2122

I own the Druids ,the new mk4 models .At first listen
I could see the outer detail was there and dynamics ,
but were very congested FOR the first150 hours ,the driver is so stiff I used burn in cdsfor the 30s region to
get the big driver moving . Now 200 hours later and please remember on the bottom it is very critical to have just over a jewel case for the vent.everything just falls into place after that. You here sounds
in recordings that you never knew were there.
Also when using as a 2 channel for the movies you hear phantom sounds from your side and back , that is freaky.
If you have a valve amp ,ask the guys at zu to break them in, other wise a small amp may not have enough reserves for transient attacks to get the driver moving.the guys
at Zu are Class all facets including shipping were covered these are the best buy in all of audio.The cables
have not had a formal review
They are dam good also , compare at several times their cost.The 2nd cables from the top are superb high end buys,and I have bought a homes worth of audio in my day.
thanks Paul-UK