Anyone heard the Von Schweikert Unifield 3?

Anyone heard the Unifield 3 in their home system? At a dealer? I would like to hear some comments.

Blessings, Bob
inhisservice
Heard the Unifield 3's at RMAF yesterday. WOW - heard to believe such a big sound comes from such a small design. Guess that's what good engineering is all about....
The original VR-5/7s were lean in bass performance.The newer 5 se/7/9 are different animals.IMHO the original 5/7s weren't up-to-snuff and were built directly after his minor business collapse and his relationship with the driver manufacturers was tarnished.
Have a pair of Unifield 3s burning in now set up with an Accuphase DP-78, Lamm LL2 and Lamm ML1.1s. Room is roughly 24 sq/m speakers 5.5 feet from the rear wall 4 ft from the side walls. Electronics on CMS PXK filters and supports. Cabling is all Townshend Isolda DCT.

Frankly performance is unbelievable for their size and commensurate of their price. I have VR-9s set up in a larger room 20 paces away and I must say that as Arun says as far as transparency and retrieval goes these little devils deliver the goods. I will be keeping these (read: my wife will not allow me to sell them anyway as she absolutely adores them)

As for the bass, tight tuneful sufficiently extended to handle even organ music. Gaia, Track 4 from James Taylor's Hourglass SACD has a floor tom strike about four minutes in that shook the couch without any distress from either the speaker or from the 90wpc Lamm tube amp.

No they aren't VR-9s but if one's personal requirements are full range sound but has limited space these should be on the audition list. 15k is a lot of money to be plunked down based on reviews or a store audition alone.

I'm not expecting anybody here to take a stranger's word for anything especially a dealer's, which I am. However before I get hit by the conspiracy theorists do know that I have nothing to gain financially from posting here as I am half a world away.

I just wonder why keeping minds open seem so difficult for some folks. Try, listen, buy or send back. Life goes on. Isn't it that simple over there? All the sniping I read here implies otherwise.
This is an old thread but I wanted to chime in, in honest support of the VS Unifield 3s....I have owned a pair for about a month (on hour 60). I bought them through AG. As I have a 13 x 14 room with a 7' 8" ceiling, i have challenges... though a 6 ft wide archway on a side wall seems to help with the bass as I don't have boom problems usually associated with such a room. The unifields are fantastic...I have had many good speakers experience difficulties in this room, but the unifields dont seem bothered by it. Solid bass, incredible transparency, openess, imaging, wonderful highs....for me, my ears and musical tastes (coltrane, rollins, van morrison, nick drake, etc), they give me that feeling of being there......the rest of the sys is Esoteric SACD, VPI TT, Mac tube pre, Mac ss amp, kimber/xlo...
Jedhartman,
very interesting post (at least for me). Me too, I've a very small room, even smaller than yours, a rectangular "cubicle" of 12.80 x 9.70 ft. with a 12 ft. ceiling (old Florentine building).
One of the larger walls is entirely occupied by a bookcase (plus chimney); the speakers, currently a pair of (superb) Quad ESL-2905, are placed along this wall. In the middle of the opposite wall (and, thus, behind the listening position) there is a 5.25 ft. archway, which, as in your case, seems to help with bass - no boom problems either, at least with the Quad's. (Of course, the Quad's move very little air, but I had a pair of relatively small B&W's before, placed quite close to the rear and side walls and, well, there was no boom at all.)
Now, it's quite a while that I'm considering to get a pair of Unifield's (I listen to A LOT of chamber music, and the Quad's are fabulous with that; however, when it comes to orchestral music, well, there I miss some slam).
Question: Is my room too small for the Unifield? What's the minimum distance they should be placed from the rear and side walls and from one another? And what's the minimum distance from the listening position?
Thanks for your help.
Ciao,