Anyone heard the MK III Innersound Eros??

Being an avid 'stat fan, I am wondering if anyone has heard this latest incarnation of the Eros, and, how might it compare to Martin-Logan Odyssey?

Imaging, midrange, dynamics, etc.??
denf

Showing 1 response by scotty_910

Well, I have had a pair of the MK1's since they first came out. I am upgrading my panels to the MK3 panels this month. I will keep you posted on the upgrade and how it sounds. Regarding the speakers vs. other electrostatics and the beaming of the high end frequencies - the innersounds seamlessly blend the high and low end frequencies and have a quick tight bass - the ML's don't. I cannot vouch for soundlab's as I have not heard them. The Quads do a great job, but I do not think they have the bass capability of the Eros and, to my ear, sound a bit rolled off on the top end. The eros does have a narrow sweet spot - about two people wide, but this was a conscious design choice on the part of Roger - please read his white paper on the innersound web site - reduced room interaction from reflections = better clearer sound. But, as I always say, speakers are a matter of personal choice, so listen to them all. Lastly, can anyone update me on this tube amp being designed? Is this an innersound product on the horizon specifically designed to mate with the eros? If so, I'll be eagerly awaiting an audition.