Anyone heard the Audible Illusions L2?

A couple of years ago Audible Illusions put out a remote version of the L1. I haven't seen anything about it. Has anyone heard it?
jimmymac
The L2 is a brand new product that just started shipping in late February of 03. I know this because I waited just about a year to get mine and have one of the first 10 production units. Any frustration I may have had getting my unit was forgotten after 15 minutes of listening. If you haven't heard this unit you need to. I am a long time AI owner going back to the M2. The new L2 is so far superior to the M3a it's scary. If you remember, the Modulas 3a has been on the Stereophile A list for years. In addition virtually every reviewer worth his salt has designated it as reference class.

The detail, bass extension and sound stage will rock your world. Female vocals are heaven; strings are so detailed you’ll have to look down at your hands to make sure you’re not the one playing. Of course the L2 does not have a built in phono section but if a line stage amp is what you're after I challenge anyone at any price to show me a better sounding pre-amp.
Cspence, thanks for the response. I didn't realize they just started shipping. I currently own a Rogue 99 Magnum. However, the remote is a bit frustrating. It's hard to find a precise listening level at low volumes. How do you like the remote? Can you compare the sound to the Rogue? I used to own an Audible Illusions L1 and remember liking it but it was my first tube product so it might have seemed better than it was. Thanks.
I couldn't agree with CSpence more. If there is one word that I will describe the L2, it's AWESOME.

I ordered my L2 from Elliot of Acoustic Image, Studio City, California (a great audiophile who provides customer service second to none) last Jan 2002. I finally got my L2 last week, April 12, to be exact. During this long waiting time, I've been tempted to buy another brand but Elliot convinced me that for the money I'm willing to spend, I couldn't find another pre-amp that would even come close to an Audible Illusions' product. And I'm glad I listened to him. The waiting of more than one year is definitely worth it. Now here's a Dealer whose main purpose in life is not just to make a living, but more importantly to be able to share the joy of enjoying music without getting a second mortgage on your house. He could just have as easily sold me another product brand.

I've just recently purchased a BAT VK75 Power Amp and as soon as I hooked up the L2, I know I've got something really special. However, the greatest surprise came when I hooked it up to my Mesa Baron Power Amp which I've owned since 1996. I've driven my Baron with the Sonic Frontiers Line 3, VTL 5.5 and even with the AI M3A Pre-amps. But let me tell you, I've never heard my Baron sing and boogie the way it did until the L2 came along. Yes, the detail, bass slam and soundstage are definitely AWESOME. I listen to a lot of guitars (Peter White, Govi, Armik, Chris Spheeris, Robert Michaels, Benedetti & Svoboda, Shahin & Sepehr, etc...) and vocals (like Diana Krall, Nora Jones, James Taylor, Jennifer Warnes, Eagles, etc.....). Listening to their music via the L2 is like having them in your listening room.

And yes, I agree with CSpence, with a line level input, the L2 will outplay the M3A. Maybe it's the power supply. If I'm not mistaken the M3A and the L2 share the same power supply. So perhaps in the case of the L2, the power supply doesn't have the extra load that it has to suppply the phono section of the M3A.

If the L2 doesn't make it to Stereophile's and Absolute Sound's "A" list, I would be totally shocked.

With a list price of $2495.00, you can't go wrong......

Happy Listening