Anyone have any experience w/ Usher AC-10's?...

I'm going to demo these speakers within the next week and was wondering if any has anyone on Audiogon has experience or comments regarding Usher speakers, in particular the AC-10? These speakers use Accuton ceramic drivers. Any comments on these drivers would be appreciated as well. Ushers are manufactured in Taiwan.... hmmmmmmmm!

I haven't heard the AC-10 yet, but they look really sharp. I'm also going to be listening to some Von Schweikerts including the 5's. Here is a look at the AC-10's. http://www.usheraudio.com/speaker-ac10.html

Thanks,
DB
128x128dawgbyte
I have bought cp8871 insted of ac-10 upon dealers recomendation,they suppose to sound better.They are using their own scanspeak drivers,friend of mine told me after some resarch that they have bigger magnet then original scanspeak drivers.For same price you are geting bigger speakers and probably better sound.They have best bass I have ever heard,so tight,deep and controlled.But to be honest I am going to sell them because I found them not as good for rock music(I think because they are so clean sounding for dirty rock)Mike
Dawgbyte, that was me with the Usher X-719 model that I had them redone...the original speakers were a little bit too dry and in-your-face presentation...after a lot of work done on the crossovers, the X-719 sound absolutley fantastic!...wide and deep soundstage, with perfect treble and tight bass...for the money i paid ($900 for the speakers with their heavy stands) plus the money for the upgraded crossovers, i got myself a piar of speakers that sounds like $3500 pair...actually, i had them against the Micro Utopias and the Ushers sounded better!
I have to disagree with some of the posts above. My experience listening to the AC10s was that they were not harsh at all. I found them to give a very natural, detailed presentation, with a lot of air and dynamics. They perform well at moderate listening levels and can rock when asked to. Their build quality is as good as it gets. IMO, they compete with speakers costing much more and are a bargain at their price. With the dicounts I see some dealers giving, they are in a class by themselves. In the right setup, always the case, they will make you very happy.