Anyone has heard the Bel Canto REFLink Asynchronou

I am curious to know whether this would be a worthy addition to my Bel Canto 2.5 Thank you.
dlavoie

Showing 3 responses by a2x024

Earlier this year, I owned a DAC2.5 and was originally using its USB input. A couple months into ownership, I put a Audiophilleo2 (with PurePower) in the mix and the improvement was unexpectedly dramatic. It honestly made a world of difference.

Since then, I sold the DAC2.5 and Audiophilleo and picked up a DAC3.5 VB and a REFLink. Needless to say, the new setup kills it.

To answer your question, adding a REFLink would be a huge step up for you.
I current use the REFLink and a DAC3.5 MKII VB, which was a huge step up from the DAC2.5 when using the USB input.
Can anyone comment on if USB cables affect the sound of the REFLink? And, if so, any USB cable preferences?
"
04-05-13: Yincr
Hi Scott, are you using the RefLink and DAC3.5VB MKII with ST Fiber?, have you compared this combo using spdif and ST Fiber
"

I had the REFLink connected to DAC3.5VB MKII with the ST fiber cable and using a Audioquest Hawkeye SP/DIF. I don't think there was a clear winner for me. The ST fiber cable did have better resolution but seemed thinned out the lower registers a bit when compared to the Hawkeye. The Hawkeye did not have quite the clarity of the ST but added some extra weight to the bass and presented the highs with extra smoothness. Ultimately, I went with the ST fiber mainly because I wanted to free up some cash and sold the Hawkeye. I think ideally it would be nice to have both though.

Quick question to REFLink owners: any opinions on aftermarket power cords?