Anyone familiar with Canare 4s11 speaker wire sound and break in time

Hi, I just bought some canare 4s11 for a second system. My main speaker cables are Audience au24 and in another system TG Audio or also known as Bob Crumps silver solid core wire. I've heard the break in can be long. I hooked them up last night they sounded pretty good but now its gone south so I hooked it up to a receiver in a spare room and running in 24/7. I've heard 250 hours to 500.

I know it's very inexpensive wire but heard a lot of good things for the money, and just wanted to give it a try, hell $1.18 a foot free shipping. It is going to be used with tube pre and amp and tube dac streaming only. What are you impressions of this wire and did you find break in long and does it change back and forth during break in? Thanks for any insight
paulcreed

Showing 1 response by adg101

Give it some time. I say 300 hundred hours which is crazy. In my opinion Canare, including their digital and interconnects (balanced mic cable) all have a similar sound. I find the Canare a little on the warmer side but still a fairly revealing cable. Maybe not going to have the openness or air of higher priced cable but it does nothing wrong. Be surprised if you play a signal through them for at least a couple hundred hours you will not be pleased. Don’t know they require so many hours, but they do.