anyone bi amp a pair of ess amt1d active xo ?

neck deep in this project.
Using a rane AC22 active crossover
2 X ADCOM 5400
Integra 7.8 pre out

A/B - ing both speakers (one standard using the ess passive xo the other using the Rane xo set to 800hz) i find the mid and mid highs harsh. tweaking the xo point up to 900/1000/1100/1200 did not help much.

Any help via experience would be great!!

Thanks
boarder36
Thanks IBJAMON!!
I have not got there yet.
Still working the side by side audio comparison.
Thought to adjust the Q using the Rane by using both channels (one for low) & (one for high)this would enable 2 points of adjustment using 2 XO points.
Still dorking with it and will supply an update soon!
I'm curious what crossover point you settle on - I left it at 800Hz. Going in each direction has potential consequences, so I figured since ESS's active crossovers were 800Hz, I would leave well enough alone. But who knows - something better could be possible, though I would think a higher xover point would need something other than a 12" woofer.

I look forward to your results!

IBJamon
Any luck with this? I don't assume that my setup is perfect but it gets the job done... I'm curious if you found something better.

Thanks,

IBJamon
well the process has taken a u turn - i live next to a hifi shop and i should never go into it! This whole upgrade process opened my mind up to other options (or speakers) that i may be missing out on (having this set of AMT 1D's for 17 years) long story short - i purchased a set of martin logan vista's.

my experiment is over - sorry i could not supply you with any other info!!

Take care!
Oh well, that's too bad. Enjoy them! Make sure the ESSs go to a good home.

IBJamon