Anyone auditioned Pass Labs XP-30 preamp?

Has anyone heard the XP-30 that was released a couple of weeks ago?

I have the XP-10 and just wondering how much better the XP-30 is at $16.5K? How does it stack up against the Ayre KXR preamp?
sfstereo

Showing 5 responses by danielk141

Sfstereo,

I'm in the same boat as you. I have the XP-10.
The Pass website now has posted pictures & a detailed description & the owner's manual for the XP-30.
Since it lists for so much $$, I'm looking for an XP-20.
I like my XP-10 so much, I'll probably keep it for video.
It sounds so good, I'd prefer 2 excellent channels to 5 that are so-so, through a video processor.
2006slam,

I see you're in Hong Kong. Can you please describe the shop you listen at? I live in Phoenix & we don't have a Pass dealer anymore. We've never had an Accuphase dealer. The C3800 must be very nice, to be compared to the top Rowland & Pass preamps.
I do have the XP-20 now & the Rowland 625. They definitely sound good together, IMO....
Barrysandy,

I've got to take exception to your comment the XP-20 isn't
3D.
My system is currently an Electrocompaniet EMC1-up, Pass XP-10, and Rowland 625, into Sonus Faber Concerto Domus floorstanders. (1) James EMB-1200 adds some low end.
This system is as 3D as I've ever owned. All my current speakers are 2 ways. I just like 2 way speakers better, in my room.
My XP-20 is sitting in the box until I install my Apogee Stages - the speakers I bought based on past experience
with Apogee Mini Grands.
If The ARC preamp you mention works better for you, I'd suggest system synergy.
I'm familiar with Magnepan. My first panel speaker was the MG3.3R.
I'm also familiar with the Pass Aleph 2s. I just sold mine, after 10 years.
Audiozen,

I'd be very interested in auditioning the P-30, or hearing it at a dealer.
When I go to the Hegel website, they don't even list their U.S. dealers.
Not a good business practice, IMO.
As long as they do business like this, they won't get an appreciable part of the U.S. market, no matter how good their gear is....
Knghifi,

Thanks! I stand corrected. All I could get the other day was the U.S. highlighted in blue.