Anybody remember Mirror Image Audio ?

Hey gang,

Here is a name from the long ago. Mirror Image Audio. I have run into a few of thier pieces in the Atl and was wondering if anybody remembered them or had any thoughts on them. I found 2 preapms and 2 mono block amps plus a stereo amp and a brochure. They were made in Lancaster, New York and look like they might be pretty special. Great specs but real ones too. Any thoughts or ideas would be helpful.
128x128meadowman

Showing 1 response by wireless200

A guy I work was a part of that company. According to him they are great amps. I never heard his. He just sold it. Their amps were rated in horsepower instead of watts.

He's got some funny stories about going to shows and other little tidbits of the business. He told me they never pursued getting reviewed in TAS or Stereophile and that was their downfall. I've heard that from other vendors too. Evidently very hard to get them to review a new brand.

About the funniest one he's told was when they were demo'ing their gear to Jeff Rowland at a show. They had a audiophile vinyl pressing that was supposed to be played at 45 rpm and they accidentily played it at 33 rpm to Jeff Rowland. He said they didn't notice until after Jeff was gone and figure Jeff must have thought they were complete idiots!