Anybody getting Paradigm Studio 100's to image?

Can these speakers produce a convincing soundstage and a realistic center image, or are they just a good speaker to rock out with? My Dunlavys are going and I have a chance to pick a pair of the studio 100 v1's for about $500. I heard them in a store once and they seemed to be pretty dynamic and have good bass. I just cant remember if they imaged well. Are these "reference speakers" or are they just a notch or two above circuit city stuff?
chris96

Showing 2 responses by mdhoover

I have the 100 v3's and they image rather well, especially to the center. It was crucial for my setup to have them positioned juuuuuuuust right, toed in, with the imaginary lines from the drivers meeting at the apex of a triangle about 1 foot behind the listener's head. Imaging was good with the original amp, a B&K ST140, improved with Dakiom Feedback stabilizers, then seemed to improve again with Odyssey Extreme Monos (what a huge jump up in sound quality THAT was!), and then got less "bright" with second generation Dakiom stabilizers. The original 100's and the version 2's did not seem quite as good as the V3's when I listened to them, though (but listening time with those earlier versions is limited).

Also, still not totally satisfied with the treble (very good, but still a little harsh, IMO) and may switch to another speaker such as Lorelei's by Odyssey.
Oh yes, and as Richmon said, DEFINITELY bi-wire, an instant and immediately noticeable improvement in imaging. Very important point.