Any VAC CPA-1 preamp owners here?

I have just purchased a VAC CPA-1 MKIII w/phono upgrades here on Audiogon.
I am hoping there are some other owners of this preamp here to exchange information and experience.
Especially would like to know what tubes you are using, and what tweaks have been found to get the most from this preamp.

I hope there is some owners out there, my search did not bring up much information.. in fact, there is not much on the net period about this preamp.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121

Showing 8 responses by rich121

Anyone else have information about this preamp?
I am hoping to find current users also.
Hm.. not my experience here or on other forums at all.

I have participated in many a thread involving "vintage" gear... in fact here there was a long one involving Fidelity Research arms.
I also frequent AudioAsylum, where much of what is talked about is vintage.
I don't see a correlation between "new" gear versus "vintage" gear and surfing the web????

Your post does not make much sense to me...

One of the main reasons people come to audiogon is to sell/buy gear....

Rick
I just thought there must be something in the archives about this preamp.

Every piece of equipment I own I thoroughly researched on the net first.

I am assuming that there were not alot of these preamps built.

I do appreciate everyones posts, even though I did sound a little defensive earlier, I just was confused why I could fnd information on everything else I have looked for, rare or not, but the CPA-1 seems to be quite elusive.

I also appreciate the tube recommendations, I have printed "Joe's Tube Lore" and hopefully I can find some excellent AND affordable tubes.

Can I get some recommendations where to buy tubes? I only had to purchase 6922's before, so Kevin at Upscale was all I ever needed to purchase from. I think I'm going to need a much wider base to choose from.

Again, I really do appreciate the effort in posting to me, and hope that more communication can be had.

Have a great evening!

"Sounds like this time you are a little late on the research......"

too much free time?

or just unresolved childhood issues?
Thanks Roger, I did just that before I purchased it. I just wanted to talk with some owners also and get their feel for the preamp and some "unofficial" tips and possible tweaks.

Rick