Any thoughts on using the supplied power cord for a PS Audio PWT vs. seeking an upgrade

Today, FedEx delivered the 11 year old PS Audio PWT I bought from TMR (PS Audio informs me they have not seen this unit since it left the factory in May 2010, but I’m not sure how to interpret that news. It could be good news? But I cannot rule out the possibility that the previous owner(s) may have taken/sent it somewhere elsewhere for servicing? Yikes!!! I pray not.)  I am in the process of acquiring a NAD M33 (in 6 weeks or so) and a pair of Magneplanar 1.7is (in 11 weeks or so.)  I haven’t settled on the interconnect between the PWT and the M33 (although I’m pondering the AudioQuest coax Coffee), nor have I settled on any speaker cables (although I’m pondering the Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9 w banana plugs at both ends.)  I am now wanting to ensure the power cord supplied with the PWT is not the weak link in all of this. I am open to spending for an upgraded power cord for the PWT IF it will make a difference.  Regardless of that answer, I understand that I should expect to seek out an upgraded power cord for the M33 (rather than the one supplied with it) due to the nature of the demands it will likely place on my house current.  All suggestions are welcome!
128x128tmaxon1956
The first thing you should know is freebie rubber power cords are supplied for one reason and one reason alone, and that is so some day when you go to sell and you have all the original packaging you can say to the buyer buy with confidence I have all the original packaging including the freebie rubber power cord. The buyer knows there is no earthly reason to hold onto one of those things, therefore you are OCD and therefore reliable and you get more money. Ideally the freebie rubber power cord is kept wrapped tight in its plastic bag as that is the one thing they are designed to do really well. In a pinch they can be used to warm up and burn in but under no circumstances should you use them to listen to music as this alone will give the impression you threw away a mountain of money on a piece of crap when really it is just the POC power cord making your (possibly) good component sound like a POC.

This has nothing to do with demands on house current, or current demands at all. Better power cords sound better even on a phono stage or (shudder!) DAC where power demands are virtually nonexistent. 

The "weak link" philosophy is complicated. If you think of it in terms of the weakest link will prevent hearing what everything else is doing this is bunk. Everything I said about the freebie rubber power cord was just to get the point across how awful they are. You will still hear improvements made elsewhere even with the POC cord in there. So in this sense the weak link does not apply. 

Where the weak link concept does work is when looking to upgrade it makes sense to spend your money where it will do the most good. Since a rubber power cord is ground zero it costs next to nothing to upgrade. Anything will be better! Everything will be better! 

Go and listen. Read the reviews. You will see.
Hi millercarbon,
Thank you for your thoughtful response.  I needed that.  And I suspected as much (WRT any benefit provided by the supplied power cord.)  Since the cord is for the PWT, looking to PS Audio for their recommendations might lead one to favor something like the Perfectwave AudioQuest AC12 for $699, or even the Perfectwave AudioQuest Thunder for $850.  What alternatives would you recommend, if any?
Do a blind test (swapping power cords) have someone help you. If you hear a difference, that would be interesting. I agree that stock power cords are made to the bare minimum spec..

1. Stock power cord 
2. AudioQuest power cord
3. Hospital-grade power cord

I have always used hospital-grade power cords. If they're good enough for sensitive medical equipment, then they must be fine for audio gear. 
Hi mastering92,
Thank you for the advice.  Although I'm confident I'd be thrilled to death w a Perfectwave AudioQuest Thunder power cord (just saw one in real life this morning at a local Hi-Fi shop - it IS intimidating - plus the guy at the shop started to talk to me about power conditioning, so my head is really spinning now), can I trouble you to offer up a couple brand names and models for me to review? (as I am unfamiliar with hospital-grade power cords)