Any thoughts on the CD "trimmer"

I have read good feedback on the Audiodesk(I think that's what it's name is)CD trimmer.Supposedly many/most CD's are not round,and this aids in a perfectly round trim,as well as creating a correct edge angle.Does this thing really help sound?

Thanks!
sirspeedy70680e509

Showing 3 responses by sirspeedy70680e509

WOW!!This is all enough "patchkaing" to reinforce to me that vinyl is an easier medium to enjoy,afterall!!

Just kidding,but we all thought lp spinning was a pain in the tush,now check out all these processes to get the most from a crummy CD.
How about making the venerable silver disc "better"?
Best!
This is the kind of info I had hoped for,when posting.Thanks to all.
IMO,the issue is sort of like the debate about aftermarket fuses,of the expensive variety.Many variable opinions,and I wanted SO to not get them.Well the proof was in my own experience,and as a friend purchased them,they were CLEARLY superior,in his(I have same unit)pre/phono section.Case closed!EXCEPT...in this case we are talking of a device costing more than a few bucks.And,once again,taking all the technical babble out of the equation,can sound a bit silly.
SO,I and my pal called a dealer,we have bought a good deal of stuff from,who carries the "trimmer".He has used it,and we inquired as to his thoughts,since we were/are interested in it(BTW,I am mostly a vinyl guy,but do feel CD is indispensible,for new music,and music comes first).
Well,here was a chance to garnish a double sale,yet SURPRISINGLY,this dealer actually tried talking us out of a purchase,and did not try to sell us anything else!
Whoa!How often do we see this?He explained that,in his experience,he and his associates cannot hear the differences between a cut vs uncut(OK,trimmed) disc.The guy has ben around for a long time,too.Hence,my post.
I am still on the fence here,but my pea sized brain is still in the process of evaluating other opinions,before making a final decision.
Best!