any suggestions on what to replace Bluesound Node 2i with

I am doing a major upgrade on my home theater system. I want to upgrade my streamer. I can spend around $4500 if I have to. My dealer played a Lumin T2 and the music, Tidal, sounded amazing. He said I would be okay with the D2 if I wanted to save money
Any one have any experience with the the Lumin's. I am open to other streamers, it does not have to be Lumin. Thanks 
galleybob
In general 2 channel systems sounds better than home theater systems, especially for the same price. Have you looked into adding a new pre amp instead? Or a pre and a dac?
I just got my Pi2AES working. Very pleased, its kinda awesome.

So I have a` Raspberry Pi with a Pi2AES hat on it. It feeds my DAC a very low noise and low jitter signal which lets it sing a bit better.
Before I had a regular USB connection to the DAC and it was pretty nice, its a Denafrips Ares II. Now its getting denoised by the Ethernet connection to the Pi, and reclocked by the extremely capable clocks in the Pi2AES. Then it goes SPIDIF on nice Cardas digital cable, to the DAC. If it was a more expensive DAC the Pi2AES would really come into its own. It speaks AES directly to any DAC and that’s another layer of goodness.

It just takes files from my computer, to the Pi, then to my DAC. Its very simple and what I want, but the Pi could do any damn thing. It does wireless and has 4 USB ports apart from the Ethernet port. You could stream from it, to it, use it to deal with all kinds of audio schemes, and it can directly deliver an outstanding bit stream to any device.
Galleybob. I stream Tidal through Roon Nucleus and Bricasti M3.  Haven't heard anything better to my ears. Different but not better. I also replaced the Nucleus Wall Wart  with a Farrad power supply.
Ok, folks -- you got me thinking about either upgrading my Node or just upgrading the streamer. 

@elsfan -- which upgrade forth the node did you get? There seem to be two options for the Node 2i.
On further reading, I’m seeing that @jjss49 comments about the power supply not really pertaining very much to the streamer section of the BS echoed by other posters on other forums. I lack the knowledge to assess but since I have a very good digital coax and power cord, probably leaving it alone is the way to go on the BS.

See, e.g.: Comments exchange:
oskar bjuhr
3 months ago
So is this only gonna affect the sound when using the inboard dac and not when you are using a digital out and a seperate dac?

TheAlphaAudio
2 months ago

Correct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJW7e6ZSxQ&ab_channel=TheAlphaAudio