Any one use Grimm MU1 with Aries Cerat Kassandra ?

Hey folks, I just got a Grimm MU1 and I’m going to use it with my Aries Cerat Kassandra. At first I got no sound from my speakers and after taking the Grimm to the dealer, I realised that I had the Grimm was in 4X over sampling mode (Where all reviews say sounds best). MY Kassandra doesn’t accept 174.4 khz with AES/EBU, big bummer. It would play 88.2khs, 2x over sampling. I use that sampling rate and leave the DAC in native resolution. I can also use the MU1 in no oversampling and re-clock that signal in the DAC. I’m worried that I’m missing out on the best that the MU1 has to offer and considering getting a DAC that accepts 4X oversampling. Does anyone have these two components paired, I’d like to hear your input if you do. Thank you

ruff2001

Showing 1 response by ruff2001

Thank all you guys for your advice and suggestions, it was really helpful to me. I ended up using my MU1 in 88.2 Khz and using the AES/EBU input on my Kassandra with re-clocking. The MU1 doesn’t have a USB output so I couldn’t go with that option. I emailed Aries Cerat and Stavros suggested that, when using the Kassandra AES input with the signal of 44.1 or multiples of it I should use re-clocking. It sounds amazing in my current configuration. Later I’ll try the MU1 with no up sampling and re-clock it in my DAC and compare the sound. I’m most definitely not changing my Aries Cerat Kassandra, it’s the most natural and musical sounding DAC that I ever heard.

Kind regards to all

Ian