Any one tried the Yamamoto A06 with AD1 tube?

I have been searching to find the sonic characteristics of the AD1 tube when compared to DHT like the 45, 2A3 etc.

I find the 45 mesh plate by EML to be the finest tube I know. I quite like the 2a3 EML mesh too, but find it doesn't have the beauty or musicality of the 45 mesh. Although it has more authority. So I wondered if being so linear whether the AD1 with its 4w was a super 45?

I haven't found any reviews of the yammy A06 (mk1/mk2 or mk3). Is it that rare?
chadeffect

Showing 2 responses by paul4972

Hi Crubio

Following the previous post, can you say more about the difference you found between the "less lively" A06-3 and the A 08s ? before I order an 06-3 this week, or an A08s !
I like "lively" and I also like the special quality of the 08s' 45 valves (EML meshes). The AD 1 valves reputedly have close to the 45 magic. If you did not find this, it would be good to hear more. (for use with 104db Loth X Troubadour Stamm driver horns). Cheers.
Thank you for posting this. With voltage stabilisers, one per AD1 tube, available from European importer, JacMusic, your amplifier might be adjustable for use with NOS and current production EML AD1 valves. When I placed my recent order for an A06-3, the importer noted that I had found the EML mesh plate 80 rectifier auditioned in an A08s sounded more open and alive than a NOS item. He offered to arrange manufacture of an EML mesh plate AZ4 rectifier for use rather than the NOS item amp is normally supplied with. I am looking forward to delivery (into 104db horns) after your description of the presentation character.