Any News on MQA Lately?

Earlier in the year there was lots of "buzz" about MQA, especially when it was reported that Tidal would be streaming the format.

Since then it seems like Tidal might be shopping itself for a possible sale, maybe to Apple?

I'm not seeing much MQA "buzz" on the web lately.
ejr1953

Showing 1 response by wadia150

From Absolute sound report on Rocky Mountain audio fest and I quote
Most significant :MQA is no longer at the cheerleader stage it’s really happening Warner is on board with two other majors as well and many independent labels have signed on as well. Processors to the affordable nad to the astronomical msb are on board. Best of all A/B comparison were running all day long troughout the show. Demonstrating to most as well as me don’t know who me is some say RH. THAT ITS IMPROVEMENT TO BOTH HD AND STANDARD RESOLUTION IS SUBSTANTIAL. Why are you guys so butt hurt over this. So your telling me all these people are in on a scam and it's just away to resell music  You say you have to buy all your music over again. Not true so none of you guys stream tidal 20 bucks a month. I bet some of your wire cost thousands. And a MQA dac 200 bucks. From what I’m hearing it is impressive. Why all the Debbie downers hear. If you can’t hear the dif sucks for you. I do so why bash the people that just want better sound. It’s almost like you work for dac companies that have not come on board yet. I just don’t get the better the better than thou attitude.