Any insight with the Berkeley Alpha DAC ..??

Reference Recordings, which had had some spectacular CDs on the market is launching a "HRx" DVD-A product which is 24bit and sampled at 176.4 or 88.2 kHZ ...They recommend using a Windows XP desktop fitted with a Lynx AES 16 card and a Media Monkey as it's player and play this 2 channel DVD-R disk through a BERKELEY Audio Design Alpha DAC.

This has been favorably mentioned as a breakthrough in the Absolute Sound April/May edition....has anybody had any experience with this???

I would appreciate your response. Thanks
128x128jafo100

Showing 4 responses by jafo100

I am not sure at this point. My current thoughts are to run it threw my ARC tube preamp and then try without. I have heard about the SooLoos but have no experiance with it//sorry.
Thanks...I will be very interested in your progress. I am in the middle of attempting to purchase the Berkeley through my dealer in NYC. I am also trying to convince them to set up a demo...I already have the Lynx AES on order and am seeking a suitable non Vista PC

Some questions...What type of connection will you be using between the Lynx and the Berkeley?

Will the Berkeley feed into your Preamp?? or directly into your amp??
I also read that the Berkeley sounds best running directly to the amp. Am I guessing correctly that the gain (or volume) controls are in the PC for this preferred arrangement??