Any experience with a crown K1 or K2 amp?

Hi there, I am looking into the crown K2 and K1 amps for a subwoofer project. I could use any user info and am curious to see if it is still musical or just all out control like no other? I really love the idea of a 3000 damping factor and am curious to see how it plays out, Thanks
128x128systembuilder
I researched this years ago and went with the Crown CTS2000, which was supposed to be an evolution of Crown's K2 amp.  The CTS2000 used the efficient Class I amp circuit and was definitely a very nice sub amp.  The CTS was discontinued and replaced by the DCi series (and other "DriveCore" amps).  All the new amps, including CTS, use fans.  The fans are somewhat quiet, but they can spin up when the amp heats during high usage.
Love my K2 totally controlls a pair of JBL Synthesis 1B1 Sub with its big long throw 15” woofer.  
i have a k2 that drives my martin logan request and sounds amazing!! , had audioresearch vt-200 ,krell Krs -100, conrad johnson mf-2100 etc...
and the k2 stands with these big boys in terms of sound quality and control. i tried the xls,xti serie2, and the k2 is better the others can be used as sub amps. theirs fans are very quiet. k2 has no fan, just bought the k1 cause i read it has a better sound than his big brother. w'ell see:)
never forget you need synergy between gear, thats why they can play so well, not saying they go with every sauce...
those K amps ere just stellar!

i had a studio ref I for just a few weeks, did not have a 30 amp plug, which it requited, hell my whole house at the time was 100 amp.

i regret selling it, but it would have popped the breaker in my house at every turn on.

sad.

those K amps are simply wicked !

the specs are amazing, and the sound even better !

to those whom still use them, congrats, im jealous!
I too used the K2 for a pair of 18" subs.  Outstanding output, great control (damping factor) and totally dependable.