any DAC recommend for around $1000-1300?

Hello everyone, i have a question about choosing DAC, I have a buget for around US1000 to 1300, i am thinking to get a Classe' DAC-1 or Mark Levinson No.36 , or should i go for a recent model 24bit 196Hz DAC like Birdland, Benchmark and Perpetual? Between i am using a custom made VT52 power amp and Linn Mimik cdp
thank you for your time reading this.

regards

ryo
yama317

Showing 2 responses by piedpiper

You might want to try a Ack! dac. I own one that I swapped the Aura caps with bypassed DynamiCaps with that is stellar.
Red Wine Audio has a variant of the dAck! that may be even better and possibly cheaper. At the price, it might be worth experimenting. My guess is it'll be an apples and oranges thing, but you might find you really like oranges. Non-oversampling filterless dacs and battery power are uniquely elegant, cost effective and seductive answers to the challenges of digital. The effect is a profound removal of hash, glare and other noise and phase related issues leaving you with a smooth, deeply transparant sound that draws you in rather than pushes you away. Not everyone's cup o' but a mind altering alternative to the bigger is better game.