Any B&W 802D/800D alternatives looks and sound?

I'm looking for a speaker that sounds as good or better then the 802D/800D speakers and also look just as great or better! So far I haven't liked the look of the Maggies or the Martin Logan's but I haven't done much more looking then that. Any other speakers out there that can produce the imaging that a B&W can and also look good while doing it for less?
mstang1988

Showing 1 response by musicnoise

This is a question that cannot be answered by anyone other than yourself. You will get many different responses to this but it really depends on your own perception, in other words, you are the only one who can tell if another speaker images as well as the 800 or 802. The highest percentage of responses will be for Quads, Maggies and Vienna Acoustics. These responses can give you some ideas to start listening to. I recently asked a similiar question and listened to a lot of different speakers - the above and many more. Ultimately I stayed with the B&W. I agree with you - I did not like the maggies and martin logans - although I will say that these imaged very nicely. My dislike was also non-musical, it was not so much the look but the technology that I shied away from. So many things go into the mix. One factor that may also be of consideration is the availability of parts and support down the line, for a 12 to 20 k$ set of speakers it would be nice to be able to find the tweeter three years from now if you need one. There are a lot of B&W speakers out there and a lot of parts. This of course would not be a first concern but it is something to think about. Good luck. Let us know what you find.