Any B&W 802D/800D alternatives looks and sound?

I'm looking for a speaker that sounds as good or better then the 802D/800D speakers and also look just as great or better! So far I haven't liked the look of the Maggies or the Martin Logan's but I haven't done much more looking then that. Any other speakers out there that can produce the imaging that a B&W can and also look good while doing it for less?
mstang1988

Showing 1 response by mmike84

I recently underwent a journey similar to the one you are emabrking on. Iswitched from 802's. I listened to many which is also what you should do. Unfortunately you probably cannot bring home 5 pairs and try them all but in reality that's what you need to do. I listened to Dynaudio C-4's (very good and about $9k used), Avalon Eidolons (awesome and about $10-$11k used but require an excellent room and space to set them away from the rear wall), Wilson Watt Puppy 8's (Also good but not as much my taste and very expensive), and finally Aerial 20t's (these are what I settled on. They are about $13k used for series 1). I wanted to try Stringreen's Vandersteen 5As, and I know the Thiels are nice too but I was so happy with the Aerial 20ts I stopped. In the end I could have happily lived with any of them. Good luck in your search.