Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

128x128tpreaves
A victim of suicide. Unlike most in media he showed ordinary people like all of us just trying to get through life and enjoying the things we all have in common. 

What disturbed me most was that with all the people he was surrounded by, no one was deep enough in his life to see the pain. Lets get out of the shallow end of the pool. Go deep. With empathy and compassion. 

amg56
 You carry a heavy load every day and every night. Your daughter is I am sure the last thing you think about when you go to bed and the first thing you think about when you wake up. 
@mickeyb surprised you say that about Anthony, or anyone else for that matter.  Isn't that part of the many reasons why music is such a powerful, visceral art form - precisely because it has the power to heal and comfort? At least is does for me.  

Which reminds me....after my beloved father's own suicide over 20 years ago, I was sitting in my office at Festival Productions, and I remember putting on the song Dear Lord by John Coltrane, which has always been one of my favorite tracks.  I cried uncontrollably.  Every time I hear it, it brings me back to that time and I am grateful, because it reminds me at that very moment why I'm so lucky to be alive and well.  

Bourdain had showed signs of his pain.  Watch the Berlin episode that just recently aired.  His mental state is pretty apparent.  Suicide is a horrible thing because of what it leaves behind.

I wish that his family and all families of this horrible disease known as deep depression find suitable ways to cope.  ~LG

To hear  about Anthony Bourdain was a real shock! So sad!! I watch is shows wondering how it must have been Anthony Bourdain?  He was a very interesting guy to watch and to  listen to.
Im regular guy with less then regular job so somtimes I felt i just traveled for a hour? Im also very happy to see people took their time out to post somthing about Anthony Bourdain ,not just hifi!

RIP Anthony !!

wolf_garcia"A cowardly and insulting way for an absolute egomaniac to check out.."

Yes, coward way.
Plus, being a killer will put him in a completely different league.
Entertaining guy he was...what else he would’ve been.
I though this was a good blog from madinamerica  dot com

As “When Noel Hunter said, 45,000 people a year would rather die than live in this world any longer, it might behoove us all to consider what is happening in the world to cause this.” What is happening in the world. One of the main stories we repeat to ourselves is that mental illness causes suicide. We perpetuate this idea that people who take their own lives are sick, perhaps as an unconscious way of attempting to avoid feelings of guilt or regret about what we could have done or who we could have been for the people we’re losing to this public health crisis. It’s almost like neuroscience hasn’t shown us how harmful isolation is for human beings. We then turn right around and express shock that Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain, Robin Williams, etc., were feeling so awful — “they were always so happy” say the people “closest” to them……………..

This from (mad in america .com)