Annoying sounds from cars at stop light

What causes the stereo in the car next to you at the stop light so loud and annoying with over the top bass and how can the driver stand it?

128x128soundsrealaudio

Showing 5 responses by ct0517

What causes the stereo in the car next to you at the stop light so loud and annoying with over the top bass and how can the driver stand it?

If it's Friday or Saturday night, follow him, and maybe he will lead you to a tailgate party. One objective of these vehicle setups (my experience comes from my now 23 year old son) is to turn the "whole" vehicle into a speaker system, with the listeners standing together.......outside the vehicle.........  listening and doing ....... (fill in the blank)  

Any guesses???????

He will be pissed ....because you will have along with taking out his sub 1) torn out the sub amp under the front seat, 2) the radio in his dash leaving a big hole and 3) the battery out of his car, to power the whole thing.  
soundsrealaudio
I use in my room 2 - two Dynaudio BM12s subs. I have somewhere in the basement my sons old sub system I pulled out of his Ridgeline when it was sold. A long custom box housing that holds 2 JL Audio Subs under the back bench and JL Audio Amp. Would be interesting to hook it up in that room, which is large, and see what happens.
Not if setup properly to play below the main speakers, and at the right db level. Also car Sub system designs trump home audio subs in that the amps are isolated, and not placed inside a rattling box. Cracks me up whenever I hear about XX brand Sub home owner, whose sub just went down because of a circuit board solder break from the vibrations and heat, and the manufacturer only recommends replace with new.

This is another reason proper Sub/s location - placement - is so important in a home setup, so the sub/s are not overworked.
The only thing my son has shown a "real" interest in is what "it" does, and resale value. The Conversation is always the same.

He pays a visit when I am listening.

Son - Hey Dad, what is this, and what's it for ?

Dad - Son, that is a XXXX, and it does XXXX. 

Son - so what is it worth dad ?

Dad - Son, it is worth XXXX on the market.
Dad - oh, and don't tell your mother the last part.... keep it between us.