Andy Kim Needle Clinic

I had an issue with my Sumiko EVO3 cartridge and sent it plus my Sumiko Blue Point cartridge to Andy Kim at the Needle Clinic.

I have to say his customer service is better than most and turn around was fast! Both cartridges now sound better than new. The upgrades that he performed are better than I expected by a long shot.

If you need help with a cartridge, do not hesitate to give Andy a call!

jrhslick

Andy from Needle Clinic repaired and upgraded over 10+ cartridges for me,always provided great and fast services,great price and the upgraded cartridges sounded amazing and better than original.

I posted this elsewhere:

Kim did subpar work on a cart for me, and when I sent a photo showing an obviously crooked cantilever he responded with a ridiculous word salad instead of just saying what he should have said" "I'm sorry. Send it back and I'll make it right." After a bit of back and forth I decided to send it elsewhere because I was getting a real strong vibe that he was going to spit into my soup, if you know what I mean.

Based on everything I've read about Kim, on Audiogon and elsewhere, your odds of getting a job well done are pretty good, but there's also a chance you'll get hosed.

The work I've had done by Soundsmith, VAS and Joseph Long was all done correctly the first time.

Cart's are extremely fragile in their nature, a Cart' sent in for a Treatment from a OEM or Third Party Service, is usual for it to undergo a shipping experience, where the Cart' is entered into a process that really does not care for the fragility of the Part in the Package.

Being an owner of a Cart' sent for Inspection or Inspection/Treatment leaves one    without the inherent knowledge of a Cart's condition prior to being entered into the .precarious world of return shipping.

As an individual who has Cart's worked on by Third Party Services. I would class myself, as not being qualified to make a decision about a cause of a condition for Cart' being received with a fault, if the notion was a shipping or workmanship, was  under suspicion for the cause of a Cantilever not being in a ideal alignment.

Maybe a Cart' Service could take a few images of the Cart' prior to being packaged for shipping?