Analogue synergy

Hi All,

I've got a Brinkmann LaGrange which I will be using with a Triplanar Tonearm and Koetsu Rosewood Signature.
Will this synergy work. I've be informed that the Triplanar isn't a good synergy with the Brinkmann.
Can anyone advise on this matter.
methodology
I will try your suggestion of added mass to the Triplanar.
To get the Koetsu RS to work at its best.

As regards to the Whest MC V I've haven't heard this unit yet.So maybe I need to add to my current list of phonostages to demo.
ASR Basis Exclusive
Lamm LP2 Delux.
Audio Research PH7
LFD audio MMC SE
The Triplanar has a multi-weight system for its counter balance, so if you use them right they can be set up to adjust the effective mass of the arm as well.

If you want reduced effective mass, use the weight combination so that the weight(s) are closer to the pivot. If you want greater effective mass, set up the weights so that they are further from the pivot.
I used to own the ASR Basis Exclusive and was contemplating an ARC Ref Phono 2 before buying the Whest MC V.

The ASR and ARC PH7 are not in the same league as the Whest MC V although both are refined and quiet. The MC V is more detailed, dynamic with breathaking leading edges and transients so much so that ASR/ARC sounded slow.
current list of phonostages to demo.
ASR Basis Exclusive
Lamm LP2 Delux.
Audio Research PH7.
LFD audio MMC SE

Methodology, I had the LP2 Delux w/ an RSP. It wasn't a great match, IMO. The Lamm didn't have enough gain to
make the RSP sing. It is possible this will also be the case w/ the PH7. I believe both the ARC and Lamm units have 57 db of gain. It may be an option to use an SUT in to the MM section of the Lamm. I never did, but wish I had tried it. I also tried the ASR Basis w/ the RSP. It did match quite well, with plenty of gain/loading options. That said, it was just not my cup of tea. Atmasphere, thanks for the tip on the weights. I will go back to my lighter counter weight, which has me further from the pivot. So far, that it made me purchase the heavier one from Basis.Now back to the OP. I thought is was actually just the heavier Koetsu stones that liked higher mass tonearms.