An Objective Review of the Tekton Double Impact Speakers

128x128philbarone
I've had my Tekton DI monitors for a year and still love them, listening to all kinds of music, every day working from home they continue to please. Dynamic room filling sound with lots of detail and soundstage.
Haters gonna hate but I love my Tekton DI Monitors
Most likely OP removed the video after Tekton agreed to take the speakers back, perhaps offering a freebie like no shipping fee. Mission accomplished!!!
I am not an attorney but I think the phrase "60 Day Risk Free Trial" in the FAQ section (and elsewhere) could be construed as a misrepresentation.
The risk is that if you do not like them you will be $750.  I tried the My Pillow pillow (before I new anything about the owner) as their abundant TV ads said "What have you got to lose... nothing"  Well, they make you pay to return their (awful/horrible) product.  Consumer Reports made a point of this and the FTC got after them.
The interwebs sure are fascinating, aren’t they? Not long after they got big I recall a guy in W Germany was arrested for trying to find someone willing to be killed and eaten. By the time he was arrested 6 people had applied! All it takes to spread your tiny little micro-niche point of view all across the planet is an internet connection. Wonderful.

Just to put things in perspective, we got guys here so nuts they do nothing but troll and blather all day, until they get banned, and then come back again and again under different names. Not saying this is the OP. Again, just providing perspective.

We got people so incapable of understanding even a single word they post on here that I am conspicuously absent, AFTER I have posted on this very thread! They say I have DI when I have Moab. And when I did my Moab review thread we had someone make up some fake story about his awful experience. How do we know it was fake? Because I asked and found out.

Teachable moment: what we can learn from this in order to build better systems. It has to do with how to read reviews. People wonder how have I been able to buy one thing after another for going on 15 years now never once having auditioned or even heard the thing anywhere before. How do I do it based entirely on reading stuff off the web?

Well I have tried to explain from all kinds of angles and this brings up another one: plausibility. Something I am always asking myself when reading reviews, or anything really: how plausible is this, really? Related question: How credible is this source?

Here we have some speakers, Tekton Double Impacts, which not only have won more awards than you can throw a stick at but boast the most perfect measurements Stereophile has ever seen. Ever. How plausible is it they are as bad as claimed here- and no one else noticed?

That’s a question. We report, you decide.

They may seem very different, but how I read a review to find the good components is just the same as I read threads like this one to try and get at the truth. I ask the same question all the time: what is the most plausible explanation?

Give it a try.
I took the video down in light of the fact that I realized that it might be a setup problem but in the meantime I replaced them with Klipsch Forte 4's and I'm playing those now while the Tektons sit in my garage. 

In a couple of weeks when I finish evaluating the Klipsch, I'll setup the Tektons again and, break them in, work on setup and see what happens.  

Eric has been paid in full and we're both in a good place.  In retrospect, given how much I spent and my inexperience, I might have reacted too soon and expected too much.  

Anyone willing to offer setup suggestions please feel free to PM me.  I understand they have to be far from the wall and I have some space limitations.  

Everyone have a great weekend! Phil