An integrated bargain?

TAS Alan Taffel reviewed the Simaudio Moon 641 Integrated Amp in Stereophile:

“…What I heard was disarming. The 641 did an immaculate job a preserving the purity a Sufjan Stevens “Pittsburgh”. Resolution and openness were within spitting distance of my far costlier reference CH Precision l1 integrated amp. Vocal, guitar, and piano timbers were spot on. Further, the tracks emotional thrust was undeniable….”

1) It is not easy to surprise a seasoned reviewer like AT.

2) Sonics close to the 3-4 times more costly CH amp ~ bargain

Will be seeking a demo

kennyc

Costa, good for you. That shows admirable business integrity and concern for your customers.

Moon gear is really rather special IMHO. My system now comprises the 600 and 700 series kit. Having heard the 641 I would concur with the reviewer’s opinion.

How can you hear/compare anything from YouTube to you own kit? Even with headphones, YouTube can’t give you the same quality.

@curiousjim - YouTube? I’ve never evaluated using YouTube because too many unreliable variables- microphone types, microphone placements, recorders expertise, room acoustics….

I physically go to audio stores and shows to demo.

Trilogy Audio Systems "921 Integrated amplifier". (< $8K).

On the subject of "Giant Killers", this is the best value integrated amp I've heard in many years. Will easily put it's musical prowess solidly in the $ 15-20K range. based upon musicality, balance, cohesiveness, and build quality. Capable of equal performance at any volume level, and supremely neutral in its "flavor". Finally, reliability has been rock solid (Based upon 7 years of experience with Trilogy).

35 year old UK company quietly building exception products.

(Full Disclosure ... We are in the business and have been importing a great many exclusive audio products for 15+ years. Trilogy may be our finest all "around amplifier company find" to date with products from $2K - $60K. Call us about 921 Integrated demo in your own home.)