Amplifiers for B&W 803D/802D

I'm new to high end home audio (have extensive high end Pioneer ODR system in the car) and am looking for amps to pair with either B&W 803D or 802D. My local B&W dealer only sells Rotel and Classe and hasn't been able to set both amps up together so I can listen/switch between the two. Is there a significant difference in sound between these amps with these speakers and is it worth the expense? Are the Classe amps reliable long term? Has anyone heard B&W with Mcintosh amps? I listened to Mcintosh with Infinity speakers that sounded great but can't find a way to demo Mcintosh with B&W. Thanks a lot.
statusnine
That room is much smaller than mine. I'm 19 feet by 33 feet. In that size room you may be fine with a good 200 watts per channel. B&W reccomends 250 watts or atleast thats what they told me as a minimum for the 803d but I'm sure they won't try to talk you out of buying. When I was going to get the mcintosh mc275's in mono parralel, they told me I'd be better with the 803S and that they reccomend 250 per on the D's. That is where I'm coming from on this. They will be great either way with the 200 I geuss but would be better with a little more, but then again what wouldn't be. With the room size should be fine though.
good luck
beerdraft
I wonder where the anti B&W brigade is? :) B&W sound seems to polarize people - you either think it's pretty ho-hum or you like it. When I heard the 802D's driven by Classe amplification - I could not pick a fault with the sound. But then again I could not pick anything I liked either. Since I have to "love" my equipment before I spend thousands of $ on it, I passed on this one.
I know Paul Messenger (Stereophile, Hifi Critic, Hifi Plus, Hifi Choice) uses Naim with his 800D's and Andrew Harrison of Hifi News uses Chord with 802D's.

Not my taste. I prefer the Bel Canto ref 1000's. The other amps i have heard with B&W are the ASR Emitter II and the Anatek Mono's.
I just got my 802D's hooked in yesterday. I've had limited listening on an entirely new system. Mcintosh C500T, Two MC2301's, and B&W802D. So far I know I don't have the speakers postitioned right and wanted to try to do that tonight but my neighbors came over and now I'm too tired to listen properly. All I know is WOW, on the diamond tweeter, I need to get this equipment burned in and need to get speakers placed properly as they are just still where I put them for the first time. The stage isn't quite there but I think it will be once I move around a bit. The bass is phenominal, love these 2301's, man love the whole setup but need some work in.

beerdraft
I read most of the threads-thanks guys. I currently have my 802D's matched up with Cary CAD 211 AE (tube mono blocks) and get alot of bang for alot of bucks. I have a large room with lots of tall window's, (and 25' cellings), that would probably blow out if I would turn the volumn way up on my Cary SLP05. I need some way to surpress the brightnes and am open to suggestioms; However, my neighbor 2 doors down dosen't complain about the music being way up during the day because the clarity is so acarate. I am thinking of downsizing and going with the Mac 501's. To bad I can't get a dealer demo in San Diego with that combination. Any more input about that combination or room accustics that's not to expensive ( I lease) would be appreciated. Sargentfriday.