Amplifiers:A Keeper for Life. Do you know of one ?

Just wondering, with this audio merry-go-round of buying and selling, if anyone has an amp that will be a keeper for life. I haven't yet but came verrrry close once...
sonicbeauty

Showing 4 responses by fplanner2000

Pubul57 - I also did not do a VAC vs "the world" contest. My prior amp was a McCormack DNA-500, which I still have and which will eventually go into a 2nd system, hopefully. I listened to a wide range of both solid state and tube amps ranging from inexpensive to very expensive and decided to go with the VAC Phi 300.1 for my system. I also know Kevin, have owned his products before, and like and appreciate both his gear and the caring, professional manner in which he does business. He is one of the "good guys". My amplifier quest is over for the foreseeable future. Fortuitously, my new speakers have a tremendous synergy with my VAC gear, so I smile every day.
VAC 450 IQ monoblocs. They constantly surprise me with their speed, range, bass and overall dynamic presentation, along with that sweet VAC midrange. Well-built, well-conceived, well-supported, well-done.
I remain a VAC fan. I recently heard what my 450IQs can REALLY do and they were just jaw-dropping. It was great to hear them doing what they do best, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Obviously this is very subjective. :-)