Amplifier for Tekton speakers

I am looking for a tube amplifier to mate with Tekton Lore. Anyone has a successful story with your amp and Tekton Lore or similar?

My music tastes 80% with pop and easy listening jazz/soft rock.

Any directions or suggestions are appreciated.
nguyen787

Showing 11 responses by nguyen787

How do you compare your Cary 300B and Dialogue One against Almarro 205 when mated with Tekton Lore?
I read somewhere said Tekton Lore are no cross-over design. Is it true? How can a 10" drive and a tweeter without a cross-over? This is intriguing.
I am currently using Almarro 205 II with Tekton, I found that the sound is overall good but not great. Specifically, the midrange is not warm enough and the high is a bit harsh. Maybe just because of the stock tubes as Mikirob point out.

I am thinking of directly heated triode (Almarro 205 is single ended pentode EL84 output) tube such as 300B, 2A3 or 45, if these are better choice than Almarro 205.
I wonder the same thing... It seems Tekton only attracted to the folk on the tube turf
What you have described about harshness on the high and little lack of mid-range warm with the stock tubes are exactly what I experience with mine system.

I will follow your recommendations, see if any Amperex EL84 availables... where did you get your Amperex EL84 tubes?
Monster THX Ultra 600 interconnects between CD player Lexicon RT-10 and amp Almarro A205. The speaker cables are Acoustic Research 12-AWG (very generic) with banana connectors both ends.

You have quite an impressive equipment list!
Zman - I read that you have Almarro A318B. Have you ever hooked it up with Tekton Lore? If so how does it sound?
Sometimes I wonder for high sensitivity like Lore, tube or sss preamp has more sonic impact than the down stream amplification.
I replace stock preamp tube with GE 5751 tube. The high edgy sound is gone and it is pleasurable to listen. Thanks Mikirob.

I am tempting to make one big upgrade - 845 tube amp :))
Update: Got Coincident Frankenstein M300B II to drive Tekton Lore. These monoblocs make the speakers sing the music. Caveat here is the amps cost a lot more than my Almarro A205II. I keep both amps for different rooms