Amp for Totem mani 2 for around $1000

I am looking for some suggestions on which Amps would be best to drive my recently purchused Totem Mani 2 which are 4 ohms speakers . I need to keep the cost around $1000. Any info or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
jasljs

Showing 1 response by glukeman

Hi...I just bought a pair of Mani 2 Signiture's right from Totem. I did an enormous amount of research on driving them and I have found the most heavenly combination for driving these speakers. These speakers demand extraordinary current. The combination I use is way beyond your price...but therse speakers really reward you when you spend a bit more. PS Audio has a new line of Gain Cell amps and integrated's. I am using the GCA 100 which drives a 2 ohm load easily. Paired with an AE-3 DJH (Cary) preamp gives the best of both world's...and the Mani's love tubes (a tube amp, however, will not drive the bass on these). The GCC 100 Integrated will work great too. Try and find these used, since the Gain Cell was virtually invented to drive a difficult load. An old NAD 2600 amp also did a great job before I put down the long green...buy one used and get a decent tube preamp and you will be in sonic heaven I promise.