Amp for Revel Ultima Salon 2

Hi, im searching amp for Ultima Salon 2.
They love high watts

Im considering
MC601
FPB450MCX
Mark Levinson 532

I have read a "new sound" MC in their last models (452,601)
Any comparison with this brands ?
mati1979
I would add to that list PASS XA200.5 or X600.5, Bryston 28SST2, ARC DS450M.

The choice depends on the rest of the system, budget, size of the room,...

Mike
ASR Emitter 2 Exclusive.
I Use them myself on the Salon 2, and have never heard an amp providing such power,control and crazy resolution to a speaker.
In my opinion, this is maybe the best amp out there!
I had the most expensive toys from McIntosh, Krell, Jeff, Rowland and many other brands before, but none were even close to the ASR, and very many agree with me here;)
The only amps ive heard that had this level of power, (almost),and most definately the resolution, were Nagra monoblocs, tubebased...but in the end, I would choose ASR over Nagra
I would just add, that even if it has a moderate watt of 280 on the ASR 2 exc, it has an insane amount of current available, which makes it able to drive 1ohm speakers and even below that with 100% control...very very few amps can do this. ASR is also extremely fast, extremely detailed, which on the Salon 2 will make your jaw drop several inches.
But if you were to buy one of the three first you named, Mark Levinson 532 should definetaly be No.1
Your observations about using the ASR Emitter 2 Exclusive with Salon 2s mirror mine about using Symphonic Line Kraft 250s. On the surface they are entirely different designs, but what they share is huge transformers and very high capacitance.

Result? Both are fast amps with big current, making them especially appropriate to handle huge dynamic swings and not run out of steam when driving big, inefficient speakers like the Salon 2s or eloctrostatics with super-low impedance values.
It sounds like your ASR provides a very similar Salon 2 listening experience to what I get using Symphonic Line Kraft 250s.

That shouldn't be surprising, as both amps use large transformers and provide huge capacitance. Result? High current that can keep up with big dynamic swings and not fall apart. Both are very fast too, and I assume that a lot of the detail you enjoy is from your amp's ability to avoid congestion and maintain a stable soundstage the same way mine do.

What is most interesting to me is that the Salon 2 performance absolutely justifies using amps that cost significantly more than they do. Kind of turns the maxim to spend the most on your speakers upside down.