Amp for Genesis 500's?

I've been using an ARC VT100 MKIII with my Genesis 500 loudspeakers since 2001. I am going to try something different and was thinking of looking for an Ayre V3 or perhaps a BAT amp, tubed or solid state. The ARC was a great match with the speakers; what in your opinion would also match well? Is it really best to stick with a tube amp? Because these speakers have their own bass servo amp I don't need gobs of power.
sc53

Showing 1 response by mooch2000

Sc53, I have the same questions you do. I have Genesis G6.1. They also have their own bass servo amps. Currently I am using G6.1 with Proceed HPA-2 amp. ItÂ’s extremely dynamic, detailed and powerful sounding combination. Sometime I think it is too powerful for my taste. I am tempted to switch to tubes or class D amps. So far I tried 40W Assemblage ST-40 tube amp. On low level and with jazz it sounds OK. For rock, the power and control are not there. As a next step, I will try KT88 based amp with 60W of power. Hopefully I will also audition D-Sonic amp. I am afraid it will sound too bright, but I could be wrong.