Amp for Dali Hellicon 400 mk2

any suggestions for powering my dali speakers...so far..have used a nad 218 and an ati 1506..neither of which made them sound overly inspirational...
dan001

Showing 3 responses by zilla

Dali's take 200 hours of hard play to break them in. I own MS5's. Soundstage is awesome. Do break them in hard and then try placement. I run mine with Nuforce 9V2's SE amps and the sound is glorious.
Perhaps you had a bad driver. Driving speakers hard means loud but not into clipping. Clipping is what generally takes out a driver. I had the MS 4's briefly and moved to the MS5's because of room size. I did a blind test on the two and could not hear a difference but I did need the 5's due to room size (19X60). I needed to move more air.
My Nuforce amp's and the Dali's are end of the road items. The sound is unbelievable. Nuforce 9V2 SE's are fantastic and have a synergy with my Dali's. Tinitus may cause me to end up having me down size my system. But I have found the end of the road with those amps and speakers.
Are you sure it was not the break in that made a huge difference? I can tell you that I know for a fact that they need 200 hours of break in to sound great, and they do sound great. My Modwright CD player needed 200 hours also to sound glorious.