American Made Audio Products

I just came upon this and wondered if anyone else has seen this website. I try to support the home team when I can so this is interesting, at least as a resource, and not a sales tool. I apologize in advance if I’m late to the game on this but interesting to hear anyones thoughts, knowledge, etc. Thanks. https://americanmadeaudio.com/

128x128dinov

@jimijack , your comment about McIntosh isn’t true. Perhaps you should research, then edit accordingly. 

While with some designs it’s hard to get all American-made inc fasteners etc. But on a few loudspeakers, I build every year I use 80% American no Chinese parts. All my cabinetry is hand-made in the WI USA with American materials glues and fasteners. Many of the speaker brands listed as American use Chinese cabinets crossover parts wire fasteners glues and drivers. So what is really made in America the McIntosh XR100 is 100% Chinese made. One needs to do research if country of origin matters.

As everyone knows we live in a global economy and much of the design, testing and manufacturing along with parts / sub - assemblies often come from different parts of the globe for all types of products. As such, I’d wager ~10% of the list of companies truly meet "Made in America". And that’s completely OK, because if everything were truly made in America you’d pay 3x the price and have 1/3 of the companies based in the U.S.A.

Also, for me (and likely many others) I look for the best products at the most reasonable price that meets my needs. Ask yourself - do you only buy "U.S made" vehicles? I could care less if it was built on Mars, may the best company with the best products win (and btw, they won’t be "made" in any one country anyway).