Alternative speaker suggestion to B&W 805d3

I have a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 805d3. They are the nicest speaker I've ever owned. I have had many "lesser" B&W models in the past. In fact it's the only brand of speaker I've ever owned. I love how they look (especially the 805's),  and they sound great. BUT I do recognize that it is a bright sounding speaker. Even with a pair of REL subs, some recordings can get fatiguing and to sound far too sharp. I really do love the detail but it can get to be a bit much sometimes. Other recordings sound absolutely incredible through these speakers. I'm wondering if there's another speaker I should try? I'm open to going to a floor standing speaker too. The Dali Epicon 6 looks great, Thoughts?
paulgardner
The electronics can make or break a B&W D3 speaker.  Your electronics could be very bright.  If you don't want to look at replacing electronics, take a look at Sonus Faber speakers.  They are more forgiving on bright electronics and still sound very good.
+1  harbeths

harbeths (and also spendors) are indeed the classy antidote to ’too bright for their own good’ speakers like b&w, kef, atc, totem and so many others

Have you tried tone control? Why don't you start with the easiest thing you can try, rather than considering a new pair of speakers. No, I am not a purist who doesn't believe in tone control. :) Good luck.
Yeah I understand they are the most “revealing” speaker I’ve ever owned and that not all recordings are created equal. I think I have plenty of power and my electronics are quality (Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II w/ Herron Audio VTPH-2A phono preamp). I tried an EQ awhile back but it seemed to kill the sound stage and flattened things a bit. Didn’t like it. 
I suspect the Rogue CMII pairing your B&W's isn't ideal.  To my ears KT120 amps tend to sound bright and a more sensitive speaker (than 88dB) may also coax a tad more rich tube sound from the same amp.  Can you roll tubes in that amp? I think the first generation CM came with EL34's which would be a sound I'd prefer but again, probably not with those sepakers.