Allman Brothers/Live at Fillmore East

There are some threads already on this recording, but not on my specific question. Should I buy the MoFi 200 gram 2lp recording for $49.98 or the 180 gram 4lp recording for $74.98?
Thank you in advance.

rockyboy

Showing 5 responses by lenmc2964

The 2 lp version is the original album on 180 gram vinyl. The 4Lp set contains unreleased tracks from March 12-13, 1971 and the Fillmore's Final Weekend on June 27, 1971. The sound quality on both albums are the same. If you just like the album go for the 2LP set. If your a Allman Brothers fan go for the 4LP set. And if like me your a diehard fan and think this is the best live rock album ever get them both. 
There's a Pink Label Capricorn listed on ebay now for $17.00 Buy it now. 
Capricorn Records ‎– SD 2-802. 
Just bought a pink label Capricorn copy on eBay what your looking for is  if it has AT/GP on the dead wax. The GP being George Paros (Master Engineer). Looking forward to comparing it to the 180 gram version. 
Just getting to spin my pink label AT/GP copy today and must say I agree with slaw it is heavy on the right side. But sounds much better than my 180 copy. The low end is unreal I just added a subwoofer to my system and this album really brings it to life. Also the crispness of Duane's guitar solo's is so clear and clean. Just another example of the original being superior to the remastered version.