Aftermarket fuse to tame a bright system?

Been reading all the interesting posts here, I've recently switched over to Audioquest silver interconnects and speaker cables, the improvement is easy to hear over OCC copper - lower noise floor, more clarity, greater transient snap, larger soundstage etc.... BUT.

I would say my system still has body, but the top end is now bright/harsh.  Could an aftermarket fuse tame this, so that I can still retain the clarity and other benefits of silver? I'm concerned that this potential solution may make my system more dynamic, and potentially give it a U or V shape sound profile - which is definitely what I don't want.

gavin1977

@gavin1977

That's interesting.  Definitely not how Gustard describes the resultant sound.  Maybe some day, I'll put the original fuse back in and see if there is any difference.  I'm inclined to think that there won't be much difference.

@gavin1977 ​​​​​​

I bought a used pure silver cable (Apature Accusound BL-4) that I found on eBay. I replaced the Harmonic Technology cable with it and it has added some additional detail, but not overly bright.  After listening to the Harmonic Technology cable with a bigger variety of music, I noticed that some songs sounded great, but others were duller than I had remembered. The silver cable between my amp and preamp with a DH Labs Air Matrix between my dac and preamp seems to be a good compromise.  I tried a DH Labs Air Matrix between my amp and preamp with another of them between my dac and preamp, but the silver cable seems to work better.  

I apologize if I mislead you. I think the Harmonic Technology cable would be good if a person's system was on the bright side of neutral. 

Op has been asked 5 times what comprises his system and he continues to ignore the question but wants help. Why bother responding to someone who won't respond

Post removed 

Apologies, but I’m not sure telling everyone about my system is actually that relevant - I think we can talk about it at component level.  I’ve had lots of really good feedback on this and fuses, which is what I was looking for.  My system is so bespoke that nobody other than me could make inferences about how it sounds anyway.