Aftermarket fuse for subwoofers?

Anyone with experience changing their subwoofer(s) fuse(s)? With SR running a 3-for-2 promo this month on their Orange fuse line, which I use everywhere else in my system, I’m curious if there’s anything noticeable to be gained swapping out the OEM’s in my JL Audio e-110’s.

highstream

Showing 2 responses by rodman99999

Consider me a major proponent, having experienced the various subtle, but highly enjoyable improvements in reproduction, that fuse experiments/upgrades have made, in my system.      Though I wouldn’t consider doing without them in my main amps, CDP or phono stage; the Transnova 9505, driving my woofer bins, still has it’s original main and rail fuses.        I did upgrade it’s RCAs, Five-Ways, filter capacitors, install HEXFRED bridges and a Synergistic A/C Master Coupler, but- do not believe changing the fuses would make an audible difference, below 80 Hz.      However: far be it for me, to dissuade you from any experimentation.          I’d suggest you check Parts Connexion’s sale on Hi-Fi Tuning’s Classic Golds, for applicable fuses, first.        If you notice an improvement with those, spend the money for the SRs.      Probably; now that your post has piqued my curiosity, I’ll find myself trying that.     https://www.partsconnexion.com/hifi-tuning-classic-gold-fuses.html