After fifty years… amazing. What high end audio can be.

I am just enjoying my system. I am in awe of what an audio system can be. I have been listening to Bill Evans in the 60’s and 70’s on my system (see my userId). Having relentlessly pursued the high end for fifty years, alway stretching to achieve the next level. It is so rewarding to have a system that completely surprises and delights me each time I listen to it. What a treat…personally, really well worth the thousands of hours and dollars to achieve it. At 70, glad I did it.

ghdprentice

Showing 1 response by pmiller115

I think an important part of the pleasure and what keeps it interesting is the chase. At different times in your life you chase different things but with audio it is almost always the same - perfection or as close to perfection in sound reproduction as you can get and when you reach that next level it provides a reward. The most interesting thing is that soon there is yet another another step that can be taken to reach that next level in the chase. There is no finish line.

And, what else can you do that provides the possibility of financial stress and pleasure at the same time- i.e. at least that you can do at home? What the hell, it’s only money.