After fifty years… amazing. What high end audio can be.

I am just enjoying my system. I am in awe of what an audio system can be. I have been listening to Bill Evans in the 60’s and 70’s on my system (see my userId). Having relentlessly pursued the high end for fifty years, alway stretching to achieve the next level. It is so rewarding to have a system that completely surprises and delights me each time I listen to it. What a treat…personally, really well worth the thousands of hours and dollars to achieve it. At 70, glad I did it.

ghdprentice

Showing 4 responses by jerryg123

@jl35 I hear you though I did go the Tube integrated route with the Qualiton X200 (54Lbs) and can still lift it at 60 years young. 

@ghdprentice your post is what this hobby/passion/obsession is all about. The journey, traveling the winding roads the people we meet, the music we discover, the equipment we buy, and the day we find that inner peace where it all comes together. I am with you my friend and I am almost in that place, just not at the same scale as you. 

This is a very selfish thing our hobby, we are doing it for ourselves but it the passion for music and perfection that drives us.

@ghdprentice I am there with you just not as nice a room but I have time only 60. No more chasing audio unicorns. I am right where I need to be with either system.

Thanks for all your insight Geoff. Your friend @ Timken.